남북공동선언 관철하여 조국통일 이룩하자!
사이트 내 전체검색
뉴스  
정치

트럼프 미대통령, 17일 김정은위원장과 직통전화 표명

페이지 정보

작성자 편집실 작성일18-06-16 02:14 조회36,820회 댓글2건

본문

[로스엔젤레스=민족통신 종합]트럼프 대통령은 미국 폭스 뉴스와의 대담을 통해 자신이 직접 통화할 수 있는 직통전화번호를 김정은 위원장에 주었다고 밝히면서 오는 일요일 어버이날(6월17일)에 자신이 평양의 김정은 위원장에게 직접 전화를 하겠다고 말하고 있어 그 귀추가 주목된다. 폭스 뉴스가 보도한 내용은 다음과 같다.

김정은-트럼프0004.jpg

Trump says gave Kim direct phone number, will call him Sunday
The US president tells Fox News following his meeting with the North Korean leader, ‘He can now call me if he has any difficulties, I can call him’; challenging criticism of his vague joint statement with Kim, Trump says he got ‘everything’ in the deal.
US President Donald Trump said on Friday he planned to call North Korean leader Kim Jong-un on Sunday, following their summit in Singapore this week.

"I'm going to be actually calling North Korea," Trump told Fox News in an interview on the North Lawn of the White House when asked what he planned to do on Father's Day.

The president later told reporters in an impromptu news conference on the White House lawn he had given Kim a phone number to allow him to reach Trump directly.

"He can now call me if he has any difficulties, I can call him," Trump said.

Trump and Kim. ‘I’m going to be actually calling North Korea’ (Photo: Reuters)
Trump and Kim. ‘I’m going to be actually calling North Korea’ (Photo: Reuters)

The president added that North Korea had started returning the remains of US soldiers missing during the Korean War.

Defending his meeting with Kim, he said "they are already starting to produce the remains of these great soldiers."

Trump also said returning a military salute to a North Korean three-star general was being respectful. When Kim speaks "his people sit up for attention,” he said. “I want my people to do the same."

Trump's Fox News interview

Trump challenged criticism of his vague joint statement with Kim. He said he got "everything" in the deal.

Trump also said meeting with Kim was important.

"If you don't agree to meet, you know what you will have? You will have nuclear war," he said.

Following their meeting in Singapore on Tuesday, Trump and Kim issued a joint statement that reaffirmed the North's commitment to "work toward complete denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula," while Trump "committed to provide security guarantees."

Democratic critics in the United States said the agreement was short on detail and the Republican president had made too many concessions to Kim, whose country is under UN sanctions for its nuclear and weapons programs and is widely condemned for human rights abuses.

• 페이스북으로 보내기
  • 트위터로 보내기
  • 구글플러스로 보내기

댓글목록

한겨레신문님의 댓글

한겨레신문 작성일

도널드 트럼프 대통령이 15일 “김정은 북한 국무위원장에게 17일 전화할 것”이라고 말했다. 북한이 약속한 신속한 비핵화 작업을 재촉하기 위한 것으로 보인다.

트럼프 대통령은 이날 <폭스뉴스>에 출연해 ‘아버지의 날인 17일 무엇을 할 것이냐’는 질문에 “나는 실제 북한에 전화를 걸 것”이라고 말했다. 트럼프 대통령은 인터뷰 이후 기자들과 만나 “(북핵) 문제는 크게 봐 해결됐다. 우리는 매우 좋은 문서에 서명했다”며 “그러나 문서보다 중요한 것은 김정은(위원장)과 좋은 관계를 맺었다는 점이다. 나는 그에게 직접 연결되는 전화번호를 줬다. 그에게 어려움이 생기면 그는 이제 나에게 전화를 걸 수 있다”고도 말했다.

트럼프 대통령이 김 위원장에게 직접 전화하겠다고 말한 것은 지난 북-미 정상회담의 결과를 둘러싸고 미국 내에서 고조되고 있는 비판 여론을 의식했기 때문으로 보인다. 김정은 위원장은 12일 첫 정상회담 결과 합의된 ‘공동성명’에서 “조선반도의 완전한 비핵화에 대한 확고한 의지를 재확인”했고, 북-미는 이에 따라 “공동성명의 조항들을 완전하고 신속하게 이행하기로 했다”고 밝혔다. 그러나 이후 미국에선 트럼프 대통령이 김정은 위원장에게 너무 많은 것을 양보했다는 비판 여론이 거세게 일고 있다. 트럼프 대통령 입장에선 미국 여론을 달랠 수 있는 비핵화를 향한 북한의 가시적인 조처가 필요한 상황인 셈이다. 마이크 폼페이오 국무장관도 14일 이뤄진 한-미-일 외무장관 회담 직후 열린 기자회견에서 “후속 조처가 매우 빠르게 이뤄질 것”이라며 중대한 비핵화를 완수하는 시간을 트럼프 대통령 임기 내인 ‘2년 반’으로 제시했다.

트럼프 대통령은 또 그가 북한 인권 문제를 놓고 김 위원장을 압박하지 않는 이유에 대해 “나는 핵무기가 당신과 당신 가족을 파괴하는 것을 보고 싶지 않기 때문이다. 나는 북한과 좋은 관계를 갖길 원한다. 우린 공정해야 한다. 내가 처음 취임했을 때 사람들은 내가 북한과 전쟁을 하지 않을까 우려했다. 우리가 만약 그랬으면 수백만명이 숨졌을 것”이라고 말했다. 그리고 지난 정상회담을 통해 자신이 많은 것을 양보했다는 주장에 대해서도 “난 그냥 그를 만났을 뿐이다. 우리 사이엔 좋은 화학 반응이 있었다. 그는 우리에게 많은 것을 줬다. 지난 7개월 동안 미사일 발사가 없었고, 그들은 핵 실험장을 파괴했다”고 말했다.

원문보기:
http://www.hani.co.kr/arti/international/international_general/849337.html?_fr=mt2#csidxdee93f2f2fef7e9a40da96316f3365c

James Park님의 댓글

James Park 작성일

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. President Donald Trump said on Friday he plans to call North Korean leader Kim Jong Un on Sunday, following their summit in Singapore this week.

"I'm going to be actually calling North Korea," Trump told Fox News in an interview when asked what he planned to do on Father's Day.

The president later told reporters in an impromptu news conference on the White House lawn he had given Kim a phone number to allow him to reach Trump directly.

"He can now call me if he has any difficulties, I can call him," Trump said.

Following their meeting in Singapore on Tuesday, Trump and Kim issued a joint statement that reaffirmed the North's commitment to "work toward complete denuclearisation of the Korean Peninsula," while Trump "committed to provide security guarantees."

Democratic critics in the United States said the agreement was short on detail and the Republican president had made too many concessions to Kim, whose country is under U.N. sanctions for its nuclear and weapons programs and is widely condemned for human rights abuses.

Asked about defending Kim's human rights record, Trump told reporters, "you know why, I don't want to see a nuclear weapon destroy you and your family.. I want to have a good relationship with North Korea."

(Reporting by Eric Walsh; Editing by Marguerita Choy)

회원로그인

[부고]노길남 박사
노길남 박사 추모관
조선문학예술
조선중앙TV
추천홈페이지
우리민족끼리
자주시보
사람일보
재미동포전국연합회
한겨레
경향신문